The dynamic nature of the business environment and the challenges faced by managers and entrepreneurs has led practitioners and academics to embrace entrepreneurial leadership. Entrepreneurial leadership is inspired by, but is separate from, entrepreneurship and leadership. In today’s vastly complex and evolving world, a different kind of leadership is required that can combat change and identify opportunities. Entrepreneurial leadership can be applied within different types of organisations whether business or non-profit organisations. Entrepreneurial problem solvers are needed, and this could be people starting their business, change agents in firms or employees and executives within organisations.
This session is designed for business owners, managers, executives and employees within organisations. It will provide the important skill set required for entrepreneurial leaders to succeed. It challenges conventional wisdom by applying the entrepreneurial mind-set within the domain of leadership. It encourages such a mind-set and behaviour which is important in the creation of social, environmental and economic value within organisations.
The participants will benefit from:
· Action based learning which allows for the application of the newly acquired skills and enables participants to engage with each other
· Excellent learning platform for aspiring and existing leaders and managers
· Solving problems and providing creative solutions to critical situations
By the end of the CPD session, participants should be equipped to:
· Lead in uncertain and dynamic environments
· Develop the entrepreneurial leadership skills required for success
· Combat challenges within organisations as a result of the scale of change
· Critically reflect on the leadership development needs and identify the potential areas for development.
We expect the session will last around 45 minutes.
This session is free to attend but advanced registration is required. A link to join the session will be sent to the email that you have registered with.
If you have any questions about the Virtual Taster Day Event, or if you would like more information about this session , please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more about the UWS Centre for Continuing Professional Development, click here.